Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hey Everyone ....Happy to be back!  Has been awhile since I last posted and not sure why life, took over for a bit. Been sewing a lot lately and trying, like everyone else to stay cool during the summer heat. Has been a scorcher here in East Tennessee, but enjoying the last few days, of cool mornings.

I have been making some changes in my personal goals, now that I have more time to spare, in retirement. Two that mesh together nicely are getting healthier with diet and exercise. Started ditching the processed foods from my kitchen, trying to convert my eating habits to the Mediterranean diet. Also with the help and motivation provided by my son, and  introduction to the fit-bit, I have gone from less than 2000 steps per day, to walking at least 22 miles per week. To keep myself motivated, I have challenged myself to support the Military Veterans Project (on FB), in their challenge to defeat suicides, among military veterans and those serving. If you are interested check them out on Facebook at   https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryVeteranProject/?fref=ts .
So results to date = 17 pounds lost & 497,861 steps and counting. If interested you can follow my FB page 22 miles for 22 weeks at https://www.facebook.com/OverOneMillionSteps/.
So I guess this clarifies what has kept me busy. Working on turning my crafting / sewing passion into a business as well.
 So check out the new listings on FB at https://www.facebook.com/AuntNesseesAttic. There are Etsy plans, in the works as well. Love to hear from you with any advice or comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment