Saturday, April 9, 2016

Successful Day !


Not any warmer this afternoon © RJA
Update from this mornings post. Had a lovely day crafting & baking.
1. Homemade Butter made
2. Artisan Bread (to rise over night and bake tomorrow in the cast iron dutch oven
3. Loaves of what my husband calls "Toaster Bread"
4. Packaged and labelled items for Farmer's Market in May
5. Worked on cross stitch finger towel

"Whew" now time for a coffee. Lovinggggg retirement, time to do the things I haven't had time to enjoy in the past. Only one downside so far ......not seeing as much of my grown children and their wives, as I would like.They live 5 hours away and are very busy with their lives, careers, college and working hard. Love U All if you see this ! Not used to the empty nest yet.

BUTTER MAKING
So easy, don't know why I have never done this before. Basically whip - whipping cream till buttermilk separates, then wash to get a buttermilk out.....DONE. I found a great video that goes thru the process if you want to make your own. Check it out   www.alittleinsanity.com  then search for butter making or

Erica does a great job with her demonstration. Thanks Erica will never buy butter again. Here are the stills from my kitchen.
Ready to make Butter © RJA





Ready to start       Pint of whipping cream, Kitchen Aid Mixer, Ice cold water to wash butter.

Whipping Cream © RJA






Buttermilk has separated and was pored off © RJA


IT'S BUTTER © RJA


Wrapped butter in plastic wrap to form it for mold © RJA

Butter out of mold © RJA
The butter in the mold seems to still need some kinks worked out, but for a first attempt, I am very happy with the end product. Have had this butter mold for years sitting in my china cabinet. My new collectible passion has been fed. Searching antique malls soon !
Hand Knit cloth's packaged and ready for Market. © RJA

Lilac Cross Stitch finger towel in progress © RJA

Got a little crafting done as well, in between letting bread rise and putting in oven. Check back tomorrow for "Bread Show and tell". Have a great evening.

1 comment:

  1. Simply wonderful! Making butter sounds like something I must do!

    ReplyDelete