Sunday, February 7, 2016

Success! Lovely Bread

After doing some reading, on the Chemistry of leavening ingredients in the bread making process, I learnt, a few things. There are chemical leavening agents and yeasts. These both are used in different types of bread making and need to be handled differently. Baking soda, baking powder and cream of tarter are used in quick breads. Once they a in contact with the liquid component of the recipe they start to work immediately and as such need to be baked as soon as they are mixed. No rising time required. Pictured below are Scottish Scones that fall into this category. Yummy warm from the oven, with butter and raspberry jam !
© RJA  Fresh from the Kitchen
 The two loaves in the rear, are my loaves of Buttermilk Honey Bread. They were taste tested by my husband, Remi and declared to be a "keeper recipe". Success at last. Not sure what my next yeast experiment will be, but I see, more bread making in my future.
                                                                 Scottish Scones © RJA

No comments:

Post a Comment