Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Discovering Tasha Tudor !

Winter today is tempting us, with the belief that Spring is hiding, close by. This morning the sun is shining, with a cloudy, but blue sky. The wind is brisk and temperatures cold. Seed catalog's arrive in the mail, bringing dreams of blooming bulbs and trees in blossom. The mountains are still snow capped, like confectioner's sugar, topped cookies. There is something beautiful about every season....yes, this true, but I'm ready. Come Spring !!!  Clicking thru some of garden photos of last year, to keep my spirits up. Sharing some, here for your enjoyment also. The birds are stocking up for the colddd days ahead.
Spring Blossoms © RJA

Ready for Spring © RJA

Azaleas © RJA

Just spending a "Farm Girl" day here in East Tennessee.  In case some of you don't know about Mary Janes Farmgirls, here is a link so you can check it out.maryjanesfarm.org   The site is a place where women can socialize, share, things they love and get back to some of the things that are important in life. Things that technology, progress and the stresses of the modern world, have taken from us or that we have lost along the way. The main reason for me bringing this up, are Merit Badges, (like you earned in Girl Scouts). If you wished you'd learned to knit.....here is you chance to still do it,with friendly help and support.

I have been a member off and on for a few years, but retired now, I have time to pursue and learn new skills.
"Her Story" Merit Badge encourages exploring the lives of famous women in history and the present day. Which finally brings me to the point of this writing. "Tasha Tudor" is an author and illustrator of children's books. I had the opportunity to discover this interesting lady, in a book I borrowed from the library on heirloom crafts. She was an amazing woman that lived and practiced her love of nature, animals and a simple life style that I want to learn more about. I wanted to guide you to the website about her books and life, that is shared by her family. tashatudorandfamily.com
So I am off to explore, fire up my sewing machine and just have a day for Me. Pouring a hot cup of coffee and saying Bye for now !

Seonag 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment